Valentine’s Day is the suckiest day to ever be invented. But thanks to Leslie Knope we have Galentine’s Day which is a million times better.
Like many girls, I have experienced my share of heartache. But, with it we learn that boys come and go, but girl friends are for life!
So, this year my gal pals and I decided to celebrate our love for each other as well as our love for food #foodbeforedudes. We made tacos for dinner.
And I baked jam tarlets for dessert.
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
**We love eating so, I doubled the quantity of the ingredients and was able to make 2 dozens.**
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the oil and essence, and beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and knead into a soft dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the dough.
- I used a mug to cut circles. The dough will rise so you can vary the size of your base.
- I placed my circles in a greased muffin tin, to make a cup shape.
- With a cocktail fork, I crimped the sides and punched holes into the crust.
- I used strawberry jam [because it’s my favourite and it’s red] for my filling. I put 2 teaspoons per tartlet.
- To decorate the top, I cut dough into heart shapes to show some extra love to my gal pals.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius, for 30 minutes.